Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
What do we teach about giving?
At C3 Fremantle/Kwinana, we believe in the importance of giving and generosity as a way to experience life with Jesus and grow in our trust in God. We teach based on the principles found in the Bible, specifically in 2 Corinthians 8:7.
While the concept of tithing is introduced in the Old Testament, we understand that as Christians, we are no longer under the law but under grace. Tithing, which means giving a tenth of our income, was a practice in which Abraham, in Genesis 14:20, gave a tenth of his spoils of war to Melchizedek, the priest of the Most-High God.
We teach that tithing is not a legalistic requirement, but rather a heart response to what God has done for us through Jesus Christ. It is an invitation to trust God with our finances and acknowledge His provision in our lives. We encourage people to approach giving with a joyful and sacrificial attitude, as described in 2 Corinthians 8.
In addition to tithing, we also emphasize the importance of stewarding our finances diligently. This means managing our resources wisely and being responsible with the blessings God has entrusted to us.
Overall, our teaching on giving focuses on the grace and freedom we have in Christ, recognizing that our giving is a response to God's love and a way to grow in our relationship with Him.
How are the funds we received spent?
At C3 Fremantle/Kwinana, we want to be transparent about how the funds we receive are spent. Your generous contributions are used in a responsible and accountable manner, aligned with our mission and goals.
Here's a summary of how we handle finances:
1. General Tithes: These funds support the overall operations and activities of our church. They help cover expenses like staff salaries, facility maintenance, utilities, and other general needs.
2. Our Story Our Future (OSOF): These funds are specifically designated for facility costs. They go towards utilities, maintenance, rates, and building insurance. By contributing to OSOF, you help ensure that our church's physical infrastructure is well-maintained and functional.
3. Leap into Spring (LIS): These funds are used for local and global missions. They support initiatives aimed at spreading the message of Jesus Christ and providing assistance to those in need. Your contributions to LIS help fund outreach programs, support missionaries
To ensure financial responsibility, every expenditure goes through a thorough approval process by our Board of Directors. Our Finance Manager and Senior Pastor work together to create budgets, consulting with department leads to determine financial needs. Once the budget is prepared, it is presented to and approved by the Board. We closely monitor our spending and provide regular reports to the Board.
Our expenses mainly fall into two categories:
1. Staffing: This covers the salaries and benefits of our pastoral and administrative staff members who play vital roles in serving our community.
2. Ministry/Program: These expenses include resources, events, equipment, and repairs necessary to support and enhance our ministries and programs.
By following this process and categorizing our spending, we strive to ensure that your contributions are used effectively and in line with our mission at C3 Fremantle/Kwinana.
We value the trust you place in us by supporting our church financially. If you have any specific questions about how your donations are being used, please feel free to reach out to us.
When you give specifically to Our Story Our Future (OSOF) and Leap into Spring (LIS), rest assured that your contributions are used exactly as intended. These funds are not used for general church expenses.
Any surplus funds in OSOF are used to pay down the Building Mortgage. This means that if there is extra money left over after covering the facility costs, it will be directed towards reducing the mortgage on our building.
As for LIS, any surplus funds are carried forward into the following year's activities. This means that if we receive more donations than needed for local and global missions in a particular year, the extra funds will be saved and used for future initiatives and projects. Please see the LIS giving page.